Mecanno Max Robot (M.A.X) Toy Review
Mecanno Max (M.A.X) is the new Mecanno robot who combines artificial intelligence (AI) with programmable features.
Max measures 12 inches tall and you can control Max using voice commands, buttons on the remote MeccaBrain or by using the free Max app. Max also has facial features.
Max will challenge your child and engage with them intellectually via stimulating play, using their knowledge of science, technology, engineering and maths.
Not just a learning tool, this robot loves fun! Try playing on M. A. X’s built-in gaming platform; are you smarter than a robot? Find out with the built in trivia game, or ask it to tell you a joke! With a multitude of features, kids will want to bring M. A. X everywhere!
M. A. X comes with built-in infrared sensors, enabling it to move with agility, sense obstacles and navigate surfaces as it rolls around on sturdy smart wheels.
Challenge young minds with this S. T. E. M robotics toy. Perfect for budding engineers, builders and visionaries, M. A. X requires kids to engage in critical thinking and expands their knowledge of programming as they personalize M. A. X to their specifications.
What is STEM?
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
Most STEM toys are grouped by age, so pre-schoolers, 5-8 year olds, 8-11 year olds and 11+ years old.
What are STEM Toys?
They are basically educational toys, but they don’t need to be boring. They can be toys that usually involve building and programming, or science experiment toys. For the younger ones they will usually be interactive electronic toys.
Great examples of this are the Mecanno MAX, Lego BOOST, Geomag toys, Science experiment set, K’nex and Lego Technic sets.
Mecanno Max App
This is available for Apple iOS devices and Android devices v4.4+. The Mecanno app allows you to:
- Use the controller to turn M.A.X.’s head, open and close his claw and make him drive around!
- Sync sounds with specific actions or moods using the sound selector.
- M.A.X. comes with a completely customizable interface. Use the app to teach M.A.X. how to respond to you!
- View and record directly from your robot to your smart device.
- Face creator gives M.A.X. a whole new face! Switch your device with the faceplate and see how M.A.X. reacts when you speak!
- If you need help building your robot, find your build in the Instruction section for help.
- Check out the handy videos section and learn how to interact with your robot.
Mecanno App screenshot:
What is in the Mecanno Max box?
- 332 parts
- 1 ac/dc wall mount charger (10.4w)
- 1 rechargeable ni-mh battery 1800 mah
- 2 hand tools
- 1 sticker sheet
- 1 instruction sheet for 1 model
- 1 M. A. X brain module
- 1 IR sensor module
- 2 smart motor modules
- 1 LED module
- 1x 3 kgs servo
- 1x 1.9 kgs micro servo
- 1 USB cable.
Mecanno Max Extra Information
- Overall size is H38.1, W30.48, D10.16cm.
- Batteries required: 1 x rechargeable (included)
- For ages 10 years and over
This toy no longer exists.
Try visiting www.xmas-toys.co.uk you may find it there.
Mecanno Max is also available from: